December 19, 2010

My Parkinson's Week -- 5-HTP and Problem Solving

Health
charter maldriverna

I've mentioned this strange phenomenon before.  Today was a classic example.  I took only the regular 100 mg of 5-HTP at bedtime.  i woke up at 4 a.m. Within the next half hour, I had three substantial  bowel movements (not diarrhea, just good healthy bm's) At the same time, I was bombarded with ideas for  the topics  and structure for this week's first journal entries.. I also had other new thoughts on how to promote the blog to generate more interaction with others.  This is great for creativity but not so great for sleep.  The flood of ideas, as has happened on several past occasions, made it impossible to meditate or get back to sleep.

But not to worry.  It's 7:30.  I've composed three of the four posts planned for the this week's journal.  I'll next  compose the fourth and then bring in the morning Washington Post and NY Times.  If past experience with these 4 a.m. wake-ups plays out, I'll quickly doze off in reading the papers and sleep for an hour or so in my reading chair.
Post a Comment
UA-20519487-1