January 1, 2011

WebMD warning on abuse of drugs and supplements

Health
charter maldriverna
 WebMD is one of the best web site for medical and health  information IMHO. I've signed up for their daily e-mailings. I look only at the lead item and click on it only when it's of interest. This morning's provides a brief slide show on the most commonly abused OTC and prescription drugs. See:

  http://www.webmd.com/drug-medication/slideshow-commonly-abused-drugs?ecd=wnl_day_010111

As a recovering alcoholic with over 30 years of sobriety, you'd think I'd know better but I didn't and  came close to becoming addicted to Ambien and Tylenol PM which I started using for jet lag in my travels to Nepal but then began using on a more frequent basis.  This is something we all need to be cautious about.

2 comments:

Hans said...

John -- RE supplements, what do you know about the possible benefits of CO Q 10 for those of us with Parkinson's

Hans

John Schappi said...

Hans -- I've been using CO Q 10 practically from the start of my diagnosis with PD, I'll post a research report on it in a day or two

John

UA-20519487-1