February 13, 2012

Interesting Test for Assessing Memory and Thinking

OK, so I sometimes misplace my keys. It doesn’t happen often, but occasionally I’ll find myself in the kitchen and wonder – just for a second! – what the heck I’m doing there. No problem… right?

In my wanderings through cyberspace, I found an interesting “diagnostic instrument” developed by Ohio State University’s Memory Disorders Research Center for assessing memory or thinking disorders. I took the test, which took just a few minutes.

A couple times I had to stop and think during the test, but was happy to see I fell in the “normal” range. My balance, energy, mood, sleep, appetite, and digestion may not always be “normal,” but – for now, anyway – my memory and thinking are apparently OK!

Goofiness aside, it was interesting to see the kind of “instrument” professionals use for assessing possible cognitive impairment. Here’s the link, if you’d like to check it out: Memory and Thinking Test

No comments:

UA-20519487-1