An article / slideshow by Ruth Orenstein in the online journal Everyday Health summarized ten excellent reasons to “walk your way to health."
There were no surprises here for me; I often write about my neighborhood walks… and how they give me more energy, lift my mood, and ease pain. What I liked here was seeing all these great reasons in one place. And with another sunny day in our Nation's Capital today that will approach 70 -- yes, 70! -- degrees, I'm ready for a nice long stroll around my Palisades neighborhood.
Here are those ten reason:
- Walk to Manage Your Weight
- Walk to Get Blood Pressure in Line
- Walk to Protect Against Dementia
- Walk to Prevent Osteoarthritis
- Walk to Reduce Cancer Risk
- Walk to Prevent or Control Diabetes
- Walk to Lower Your Heart Disease Risk
- Walk to Improve Your Mood
- Walk to Reduce Pain
- Walk to Reduce Stroke Risk