It isn’t falling, which I DO fear, for the mobility-ending injuries falls can cause. I’m committed to my exercise regimens in large part because I think they help keep me balanced, and on my feet.
Not long ago, the online journal Dementia Today published a story titled “7 Myths About Alzheimer’s Disease.” Here they are:
- Myth: Some memory loss is normal.
- Myth: Exercise, diet, and mental activities prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Myth: Only old people get Alzheimer’s.
- Myth: Alzheimer’s is all about genetics.
- Myth: Depression causes Alzheimer’s disease.
- Myth: Dementia is the same as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Myth: Dietary supplements protect the brain.