At Foxhall Internists, we have been monitoring the situation closely and have come up with a solution that enhances our ability to provide you with the thorough, expert, proactive medical care that keeps you healthy and well.The Solution: Concierge Medicine
On July 1, 2013, Dr. Schubert advised, he will be shifting his practice entirely to "Foxhall Internists Prime," a subscription-based arrangement available for an annual fee of $1,500.
Because this concierge practice will be available to a limited number of patients, Dr. Schubert says, "it will allow me the opportunity to give enhanced service to those enrolled."
He explained that he'll enroll patients on a first-come, first-served basis through July 1, 2013, or until the practice is filled. But he is offering current patients like me an exclusive enrollment period through May 15th, after which he will extend enrollment to other interested persons.
- An expanded physical of up to 90 minutes "to review the various details of your health, suggest preventive and wellness measures, provide instant Web-based medical research, review nutritional issues, and describe alternative health options."
- Appointments within 24 hours of your request and no waiting time. The appointments would not necessarily be with Dr. Schubert. If he wasn't available, you'd see someone else in the Foxhall Internist group, and not all the doctors there participate in the concierge practice.
- Cutting-edge research in any area of health concern, conducted by Dr. Schubert and "accessing the latest medical research and database." An example is given: "Using a specific genetically based drug interaction model, your doctor will be able to predict how various medications interact with each other and what, if any, medication adjustments are necessary."
- Enhanced communication. "You will continue to have 24/7 access to the on-call doctor at Foxhall Internists. In addition, every effort will be made to contact your personal doctor [i.e. Dr. Schubert] 24/7 for assistance with serious medical problems.
- A secure internet site for e-mail communication with Dr. Schubert. "This site may be used contact us, ask questions, make requests, etc. Of course, for emergencies and after hours, a phone call is needed to ensure that messages are received."
- An electronic summary of your health records on both a thumb drive for you to carry and on a secure Internet site for reference or for access in any emergency