June 10, 2013

Correction on Forgetfulness Video But with a Nice Bonus

Last week I ran out of time to finish a planned blog post, so I dipped into my backup queue and came up with a  video I identified as former U.S. Poet Laureate Billy Collins reading and singing his poem "Ode to Forgetfulness." 

I got lots of responses from readers telling me how much they enjoyed the video. I am very embarrassed to report that one astute reader checked for the video on YouTube and found that what I had posted was actually written and performed by humorist Mack Dryden!

But she also found that Billy Collins has written a poem titled "Forgetfulness," which has a lovely animated reading on video. Here it is:


I forget how I managed to create this confusion. My apologies. But it did produce this added bonus.

No comments:

UA-20519487-1