June 6, 2013

Ode to Forgetfulness

On Wednesday my treasured friends Helen, Vola and Marty came over for one of our potluck lunches, followed by an afternoon of bridge. It was a perfect day for playing on the screened-in back porch.  

After the bridge game, I had time for a quick nap before heading out for supper with my pal Mano before seeing The Winter's Tale, the last of our season subscription performances at the Shakespeare Theatre. Loved the first act. Didn't care much for the silly peasant shenanigans in act two.

Got home about 11:30pm, having done nothing about the blog all day. But I usually have something in the "queue" for times like this.

I predict you'll enjoy this music video more than my musings. Here's former U.S. poet laureate Billy Collins reading/singing his poem, Forgetfulness.

1 comment:

Linda Fernandez said...

Love it!