- It was a beautiful day -- too cool to eat breakfast on the back porch, but it warmed up nicely by midday.
- My weekly visit to our local farmers market. Fresh strawberries and asparagus!
- Lunch on the back porch with the NY Times and Washington Post. Then a nap and my 15-minute meditation tape.
- An afternoon gathering of our always-interesting neighbors at a house right up the street. The 1968 riots that followed MLK Jr's assassination caused a flight to the suburbs, and I was pretty sure I'd end up living with a bunch of old fogeys like me. No way. We now have more young couples and children than ever.
- Even though I've lived in the neighborhood longer than anyone else at the gathering, I knew only half the guests. Most of the others were well acquainted because they meet while walking their dogs.
In the spirit of the season, a friend who has sat with Vadim many times brought to our attention this punchy 2013 college address by Australian comedian Tim Minchin, who lets it all hang out with glee.Bingo! I found my blog post for today:
Here's a bonus. Mark mentioned that his son had introduced the family to Sixto Rodriquez, a singer who'd been a flop in Detroit during the early 70s before becoming wildly popular in South Africa. His work was new to me. Once again, Mark and Vadim led me to a new discovery.