The next day, Medpage Today’s “The [Sanjay] Gupta Guide” ran a follow-up piece about the Oz grilling. Writer Elbert Chu posed a question – “What is the responsibility of physician celebrities in light of their Hippocratic oath -- and what is their role (if any) in the nation's public health goals?” -- to this group of healthcare professionals:
- Cherie C. Binns, RN, an independent multiple sclerosis-certified nurse based in Wakefield, R.I.
- Kevin R. Campbell, MD, cardiologist, UNC Health Care in Chapel Hill, N.C., who also makes weekly national appearances on Fox News, CBS, and NBC.
- Russell Libby, MD, founder and president of Virginia Pediatric Group, a primary care pediatric practice with three offices in northern Virginia, and president of the independent practice association HeathConnect IPA.
- Chris Lillis, MD, a primary care physician from Fredericksburg, Va., and board member of Doctors for America.
- Tanzid Shams, MD, sports concussion specialist and pediatric neurologist in Boston.
Wizard of Oz?