June 28, 2015

That Was The Week That Was!

Not too many of you remember the 1961-62 British comedy show on TV that had that title. But it popped into my mind as I thought about the events of this past week which almost restored my faith in our democracy.

I need time to mull over all of this. But I wanted to do something today to recognize and honor what has happened. Usually I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook but I did yesterday. What a day -- so many of my friends superimposing the rainbow flag on their profile pictures: seems like everybody has something positive and loving to say.

I decided the best thing I could do today was just copy some of what I found on Facebook. Here goes:

And it wasn't just the White House

Haven't seen one yet for the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception

#   #   #


This was truly a monumental week for Goodness, Compassion, Love and simply Doing The Right Thing! Between The Supreme Court holding up the Affordable Care Act and now Gay Marriage it is truly astonishing! Then when Obama sang Amazing Grace, I cried tears of joy and felt part of a great, rainbow community of Love. Today, I am proud of Obama and those justices of the Court who understand that equality means equal and is an integral part of " the pursuit of happiness". I also bow to all those brave activists who fought for years and once again I am hopeful for the future. Let's celebrate!

#  #  #

It seems like there has been just too much NEWS this week. I cannot imagine what it must be like for a president to be in the middle of so much of it. I think that makes President Obama's speech/eulogy/sermon in Charleston today that much more amazing/inspiring/provocative. In the midst of all the craziness and pettiness, he delivered today one of the most thoughtful and moving speeches ever given by a president. We are fortunate to have him in The White House.

#  # #

Wow, history moves fast,” Colbert said. “It’s hard to believes that gays achieved full constitutional personhood just five years after corporations did.”

#    #    #


1 comment:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.