- the serotonin-boosting OTC supplement 5-HTP,
- and prescription blood pressure medication.
Then reason set in, and I decided to divide the subject into three posts:
- my background with 5-HTP,
- my background with blood pressure (bp) meds,
- the final resolution concerning both.
So, here’s topic #1 for today.
- constipation, and
If I felt really good on small doses of 5-HTP, wouldn’t I feel that much better on higher doses? One new, very troubling problem arose: as the 5-HTP doses went up, so did my blood pressure.
It was crazy. I ended up calling 911, not once but twice, when 5-HTP spiked my blood pressure so high I felt close to fainting.
But even one fourth of a 5-HTP pill continued to have a positive effects in warding off insomnia and constipation.