John Schappi was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2009, at age 80. We love John’s blog because it’s about living life to the fullest — whether that means traveling, going to the ballet, or celebrating the friendships he’s made through Alcoholics Anonymous. He also talks about what products he uses to deal with the side effects of Parkinson’s, such as insomnia, and shares and discusses helpful blog posts and information.
- Fox Feed Blog: This is the blog produced by the Michael J Fox foundation.
- Parkinson's Today Blog: The National Parkinson's foundation maintains this blog.
- Off and On:The Alaska Parkinson's Rag: This blog is both fun and informative. It's written by Peter Dunlap-Shohl, staff cartoonists for the Anchorage Daily News. I met Pete in November, 2015 when he was in Washington on his author's tour to promote his book:
- none of the other bloggers posted as frequently as I do, and
- their posts were usually shorter than mine.